Thursday, April 29, 2010

'The Beast' is dead...


I am heartbroken...
This gorgeous beast here was my only means of transport, my portable bed, my conversation piece, my weekend getaway, my shepherd over rocky roads and even though we fought - she was a lot of fun.
I think the relationship turned sour because I live in the big smoke - Sydney. It meant I didn't have the time nor the space to spend with 'Annie' a nickname owing to her unique registration AN00KN. Slowly, the cracks began to appear and without the proper love and attention she deserved, what started as a ripple became a tidal wave of problems. Now, my series III long wheel base troop carrier Landrover is out of rego and in need of a blue slip.
I did rush her to numerous emergency departments in the hope that a pink slip would buy me some more time to address the bigger problems we were having, but when I was told the bill would be $5,000 just for a pink slip - I knew we were finished. After all, she only cost me $2,000.
This however presents a problem. I am moving to Brisbane in two weeks, and I have an unregsitered vehicle that I need to do something with. Do I go for trade plates and take it to a nearby property as a paddock basher? Do I sell her for parts to an enthusiast, or just have her taken for scrap. I am not a fan of any of the options because it breaks my heart to see Annie go, but go she must. Anyone looking for a renovaters dream?
Well, it's better to have loved and lost than to never have loved at all. Farewell Annie, we'll always have Stockton...

No comments:

Post a Comment